Please note this is a region 2 DVD and will require a region 2 or region free DVD player in order to play.
The series, from Ronald D. Moore, the creator of “Battlestar Galactica”, follows a team of scientists from the Centres for Disease Control who travel to a research facility in the Arctic to investigate a potential outbreak of disease. While there, they find themselves stuck in a life-or-death situation that could decide the fate of the future of mankind.
DVD Special Features:
- Commentary on Pilot
- Commentary on “Dans L’Ombre” with Billy Campbell and Steven Maeda
- Deleted Scenes
Four all-new featurettes:
- Ronald D. Moore: The Outlier of Science Fiction – An intimate and up close look at Moore’s thoughts for developing a compelling series, his dos and don’ts of sci-fi, and his personal process for creating the new series from his very unique perspective.
- The Future of Disease – An all-access look at the research, implementation, and creative use of the mysterious disease of HELIX.
- The Art of Isolation – Looks at the Production Designer’s approach to creating the isolated research centre - the key story elements of the setting and the exterior locations used to double for the arctic.
- Dissecting the Characters – A study of the characters and the dynamic interpersonal relationships that fuel the series from the perspective of the writers and the actors tasked with breathing life into these unique personalities.