Please note: this is the NTSC version of the game which is compatible with PAL systems.
Any future DLC may require a US PSN account.
The game features an all new storyline but still manages to replicate most of the major scenes from the films, including the hotel-room capture of New York library ghost, Slimer, and the attack of the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man. Almost all of the original cast are involved, including all four Ghostbusters, the mayor, and even Walter Peck.
The game itself is mission based and has you catching ghosts with your proton packs and then manoeuvring them into a ghost trap--just like the movie. Whether that’s enough to fill a whole game isn’t clear, but the funny dialogue and celebrity voiceovers should help paper over any cracks.
- Tools of the trade: Use all the same gadgets from the movies, including the iconic proton packs, particle throwers, the ghost-locating PKE meter, and Ecto-goggles.
- Direct-to-game sequel: Bill Murray, Dan Akroyd, Harold Ramis, and Ernie Hudson all reprise their roles from the first two movies, and Akroyd and Ramis wrote the game's story.
- Nice day for a drive: Get behind the wheel of the iconic Ecto-1 vehicle from the movie and chase down the faster-moving ghosts.
- He slimed me: The game features all the most famous ghosts from the first two movies, including Slimer, the terror dogs, the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man, and Vigo.
- New York, New York: The highly detailed environments allow for plenty of collateral damage, as a special counter rates the carnage you’re causing in dollar amounts.