Total War Shogun 2 Fall Of The Samurai is the official, standalone expansion for the critically acclaimed, Total War Shogun 2.
It is 1863, and the age of the Samurai is coming to a close. The masters of sword, bow and horse face a period of massive change as a new Japan is born to the bellowing of cannon and the shriek of steam engines. The modern, Victorian world of Europe and America is battering at Japan's gates, bringing revolutionary new weapons to the country: weapons which will sound the death-knell of the Samurai class. This new world can be shut out and tradition upheld, or it can be embraced and mastered. Into this upheaval, a new, Imperial movement rises up against the old Shoguns, attempting to restore the Emperor as rightful master of Japan. Will you back this rising Imperial power, or the Shogunate of old? Choose your path, and carry the country with you in the final battle for Japan's future: the Boshin War, the War of the Year of the Dragon.
This massive-scale, standalone expansion to Total War Shogun 2 offers a completely new experience to players. Six new playable clans, including those supporting a modern imperial Japan such as the Satsuma, and those allied with the old Shogun like the Nagaoka, are now available. Three great foreign powers must also be dealt with: America, Britain and France all have a vested interest in Japan's future. How will you treat them? All this plays out across an expanded and improved campaign map, covering new island provinces in the far north and featuring all-new building and technology trees as well as brand new features such as railways and naval bombardments, seen for the first time in a Total War title.
As well as the upgrades to the campaign map, brand new units and abilities are also added to Total War Shogun 2's epic battles. On Land, thirty nine new units are introduced including Gatling guns, US Marines and British Royal Marines. War at sea also changes, with ten new ship types including massive, artillery-bearing steamers, torpedo boats and mighty Ironclad battleships, allowing you to call naval artillery strikes directly into land battles. Coastal batteries can also attack your shipping, so watch out for well-defended ports!
With three new agent types on the campaign map to choose from, four new historical scenarios, brand new siege-battle mechanics and a huge upgrade to Total War Shogun 2's multiplayer game, the list of additions is as epic as the conflict in Total War Shogun 2 Fall Of The Samurai.
Fight one last time for Japan's future, as the age of the Samurai comes face to face with the explosive power of modern weaponry. The fate of all Japan is in your hands.
Total War Shogun 2 Fall Of The Samurai Limited Edition Includes:
- Saga Faction Pack, "The Emperor's Diligence": Centuries of trade with outsiders has given the people of Saga an understanding of foreign and modern ways, allowing them to adopt new military technology quickly
- Limited edition double-sided poster - featuring two stunning game artworks
- Limited edition packaging sleeve
- Dramatic 19th century Japan setting: Based on the backdrop of the Boshin War period, the new campaign starts in 1864, a time of growing resentment against Western colonial power and influence. As Japan began to modernise and industrialise, the inevitable social and economic changes led to increasingly militant nationalism and antipathy towards the Shogunate.
- 6 new playable clans: Play as a clan supporting the Imperial throne, or the last Shogunate
- Shogunate clans: Aizu, Nagaoka, Jozai
- Imperial clans: Choshu, Satsuma, Tosa
- New foreign powers: The American, British and French nations played an important part in the story of the Boshin war and your relations with these foreign powers will be integral to unit recruitment and to advancing your technology trees
- New 19th century Japan campaign map: The new island of Ezo extends the Shogun 2 campaign map northwards. Fully refreshed towns and other campaign map features reflect the different time period, with railways making their first appearance in a Total War title.
- Railway lines on the campaign map: Develop your own railway network to move armies and agents between your regions. Railways can be sabotaged and transport can be blocked by enemy armies who take control of parts of the line or railway stations.
- 39 new land units: Including modern ranged units - such as the Gatling gun and Armstrong gun - controllable in a new first-person mode. New units can also be recruited from foreign powers, including the British Royal Marines, US Marine Corps and French Marines.
- 10 new naval unit types with a total of 21 ships: New steam-powered warships, heavily armed with modern artillery. Foreign ironclad ships can also be purchased, including the Warrior-class ironclad.
- New port siege battle type: This new battle type triggers when attempting a naval assault on an occupied enemy port. The attacking fleet must sail into the harbour and capture the port, running the gauntlet of coastal gun defences.
- New land and sea unit interactions: During a land battle, armies can call in offshore artillery support barrages. Conversely, costal gun emplacements can target enemy ships during port siege battles, when ending their turn within the range of upgraded coastal defences.
- Campaign map bombardments: Offshore naval units can bombard armies and cities in adjacent coastal areas on the campaign map itself
- 3 new agent types: The Foreign Veteran, the Ishin Shishi and the Shinshengumi. Each new agent has its own skill tree. Ninja and Geisha agents have had their skill trees updated.
- Improved siege battle mechanics: New upgradable tower defences can be built with a specific defence specialty - archery, matchlock or Gatling gun
- 4 new historical battles: Fight in 4 brand-new dramatic portrayals of the major historical battles of the Boshin War
- Multiplayer 2.0:
- New Conquest map: reflecting the 19th century setting
Brand-new Fall of the Samurai avatar, including:
- Over 40 new retainers
- Over 30 new armour pieces
- New 19th century avatar skill tree
- Multiple avatars: players can enjoy multiple careers and progression across Shogun 2 and Fall of The Samurai
Please Note: Total War Shogun 2 Fall Of The Samurai does not require the base game Total War: Shogun 2 in order to play, but does require Internet connection and steam account to activate