Collectors Edition Includes:
- Tin case.
- Bonus DVD including:
- A making of documentary
- Concept art video
- Strategy tips
- Cloth map.
- 3 pieces of exclusive in-game content:
- Bergen's Honor: A massive helmet made out of dragonbone (+2 to armor,
+25 physical resistance, +6 to attack).
- Grimoire of the Frozen Wates: A special book that adds +3 to all
attributes when read.
- Final Reason: A magical staff of immense power (adds to damage, spell
power, and fire damage).
- "The Stone Prisoner" unlockable bonus quest and unlockable character,
- Exclusive in-game item for use in the upcoming title Mass Effect 2.
From BioWare, the makers of Mass Effect, Star Wars: Knights of the Old
Republic, and Baldur's Gate comes Dragon Age: Origins. An epic tale of violence,
lust, and betrayal, Dragon Age: Origins is a single player role-playing game
(RPG) set in a fantasy game environment, and featuring three playable character
classes, accessible in the form of three races. In addition, the game features
extreme character customization, a new game engine, party-based gameplay
utilizing non-player characters and a built-in personal history system for each
hero character rooted in a variety of possible origin stories.
In Dragon Age: Origins the survival of humanity rests in the hands of those
chosen by fate. You are a Grey Warden, one of the last of an ancient order of
guardians who have defended the lands on the continent of Thedas throughout the
centuries. Betrayed by a trusted general in a critical battle, you must hunt
down the traitor and bring him to justice. As you fight your way towards the
final confrontation with an evil nemesis, you will face monstrous foes and
engage in epic quests to unite the disparate peoples of a world at war. A
romance with a seductive shapeshifter may hold the key to victory, or she may be
a dangerous diversion from the heart of your mission. To be a leader, you must
make ruthless decisions and be willing to sacrifice your friends and loved ones
for the greater good.
Dragon Age: Origins is a 3D oriented RPG based in a dark, heroic, fantasy realm
where moral choices have a lasting impression on the people you meet, the
members of your own party and the world around you. The inclusion of subtitle
"Origins" in the game's title refers to the six unique origin stories available
to new heroes as a new game begins. Each of these has an impact on the player's
motivations and his or her experience, and renders a unique prelude, path, and
possible ending(s) to the game. There are many different endings to the game
based on the origin story of the character and the choices you make as you play
through the game. The game features three character classes--warrior, mage, and
rogue--and three races of being--Human, Elf or Dwarf--that can assume these
classes. Although most game elements, such as weapons, magic, etc., are
available to any character, each class and race has different strengths,
abilities and affinities which lend themselves to better utilizing different
elements. Dragon Age: Origins is a single player game based on party-based
gameplay and combat where the player can join, control and quest with up to
three non-player characters (NPCs). Players can also quest alone if they so
choose, but with the chance of survival are slim. Convincing NPCs to join you,
and treating them well may be necessary depending on the varying sentiments
between the player and the NPC, or between the NPC's in the party based on the
chosen history written into the origin story accepted at the beginning of the
game. This uncertainty allows for a variety of possible dynamics within the
party ranging from open hostility, all the way to romance. The game progresses
in real-time via a pause-and-play tactical combat system that allows the player
to check inventory levels, equip a character, etc. in a slight vacuum.
Additional features found in the game include: a combination of a standard loot
system and a currency system based on gold silver and copper; advanced character
customization functionality; the use of poison, traps and herbalism;
dual-wielding skills; and "spell combos," which allow players to chain together
different spells to create a unique effects.
Key Game Features
- BioWare's deepest universe to date with over 80 hours of gameplay and
more than double the size and scope of Mass Effect.
- Travel throughout dozens of environments and fully immerse yourself in a
shattered world that is on the brink of utter annihilation.
- An epic story that is completely shaped and reactive to your play style.
- Complex moral dilemmas offering no easy choices.
- Tailor your Dragon Age: Origins experience from the very beginning by
choose from six different origin stories.
- Decide how to handle complex issues like murder, genocide, betrayal, and
the possession/sacrificing of children without the security of a good/bad
slider to tell you what to do.
- Full character customization allowing the player to sculpt a hero in
your own image or fantasy.
- Elaborate character creator allows you to create your own hero unique
from anyone else.
- Shape your character's personality and morality based on the choices you
make throughout the game.
- Engage in bone-crushing, visceral combat engaging in battle against
massive and terrifying creatures.
- Unleash legendary powers and choose from over 100 different magical
spells and skills.
- Experience the adrenaline rush of brutal combat, beheading your foes or
casting spells that make enemies explode from within.