Now your mouse works where others don't—even on glass.
Leave it to the world's leading maker of high-performance mice to conquer the surface where no mouse has worked before. The culmination of a groundbreaking five-year engineering effort, Logitech Darkfield Laser Tracking shatters the glass barrier with the first track-on-glass technology.
With the Logitech Performance Mouse MX, you have the power to achieve. You can track precisely on more surfaces – even glass tables (4 mm minimum thickness) – thanks to Logitech Darkfield Laser Tracking. Tiny Logitech Unifying receiver stays in your notebook. When sitting at a desk or table, many people choose to add peripherals such as a notebook mouse and keyboard to their computing setup to make it more comfortable. But when it comes time to change locations (e.g. heading home from the office), these peripherals need to be unplugged and each of their USB receivers stored somewhere safe. To solve this problem, Logitech introduced the Logitech Unifying receiver – a tiny wireless receiver that’s so small it can stay plugged into a laptop at all times and can be paired with up to six compatible Logitech keyboards and mice. Logitech Unifying products are easily identified by the Unifying icon, which appears on the products themselves, as well as on the pre-paired, bundled receiver. There's no need to unplug it when you move around, so there's less worry of it being broken or lost. Recharge on-the-go You can recharge your mouse through your computer or a wall socket, even while you're using it, with flexible micro-USB charging. You'll fly through long documents with hyper-fast scrolling. And its sculpted, right-handed shape with integrated thumb controls puts everything under your command. Shattering the glass barrier – A Technical Background All optical and laser mice use irregularities in the work surface to track the direction and speed of your mouse. The more irregularities on the surface, the easier it is for the sensor to track your movements. But there just aren't enough irregularities on clear glass for your standard mouse to work. Beginning in 2005, Logitech – the world’s leading manufacturer of computer mice – embarked on a multiyear research and development project to create a mouse that could overcome these limitations. After considering many options – including Doppler radar, UV imaging and interferometry techniques – Logitech Darkfield Laser Tracking was developed. Product Features
- Interface: USB
- Buttons quantity: 6
- Connectivity technology: Wireless
- Movement detection technology: Laser
- Scroll wheel: Y
- Logitech Darkfield Laser Tracking gives you precise cursor control on virtually any surface.
- The tiny Logitech Unifying receiver stays in your notebook. There's no need to unplug it when you move around.
- The flexible recharging system uses a micro-USB cable to recharge your mouse through your computer or a standard wall socket.
- Hyper-fast scrolling lets you fly through long documents and Web pages with a single spin of the nearly frictionless scroll wheel.
- The sculpted, right-handed shape guides your hand to a naturally poised position and places integrated controls.