Total War Shogun 2 Gold Edition
- Total War - Shogun 2
- Total War - Rise of the Samurai ( new DLC )
- Total War - Shogun Fall of the Samurai
Plus all of the below additional content -
- Dragon War Battle Pack
- Hattori Ninja Clan Pack
- Ikko Ikki Warrior Monk Clan Pack
- Otomo Gunpowder Clan Pack
- Saga Clan Pack
- Tsu Clan Pack
- Sendai Clan Pack
- Saints & Heroes Elite unit Pack
- Sengoku Jidai Elite Unit Pack
Total War Shogun 2
It is the middle of the 16th Century in Feudal Japan. The country, once ruled by a unified government, is now split into many warring clans. Players take on the role of one Daimyo, the clan leader, and will use military engagements, economics and diplomacy to achieve the ultimate goal, re-unite Japan under his supreme command and become the new Shogun - the undisputed ruler of a pacified nation.
Shogun 2: Total War will feature enhanced full 3D battles via land and sea, which made a name for the series, as well as the tactical campaign map that many refer to as the heart and soul of Total War. Featuring a brand new AI system inspired by the scriptures that influenced Japanese warfare, the millennia old Chinese "Art of War", the Creative Assembly brings the wisdom of Master Sun Tsu to Shogun 2: Total War. Analysing this ancient text enabled the Creative Assembly to implement easy to understand yet deep strategic gameplay.
- 9 Playable clans ranging from the large and powerful to the tiny and weak - Take charge of any of the nine major factions of Japanese feudal history, from the mighty Oda to the more delicate but well positioned Tokugawa clan. All of these clans could rise to take the position of Shogun under your leadership
- Brand new siege mechanics vastly improved over Napoleon and Empire - Japanese siege warfare is markedly different form its European equivalent. Castles are now elaborate death traps, with the enemy being invited in to attempt to destroy the defender. Defenders and attackers now have multiple options, paths and objectives within a siege and a larger number of castle types make this all the more elaborate and strategic
- Much improved terrain and environments, mountains in battle and new environments - Shogun 2s terrain system is brand new to deal with the Japanese landscape and the radically different topography it presents the player with
Total War: Shogun 2 - Fall Of The Samurai
It is 1863, and the age of the Samurai is coming to a close. The masters of sword, bow and horse face a period of massive change as a new Japan is born to the bellowing of cannon and the shriek of steam engines. The modern, Victorian world of Europe and America is battering at Japan's gates, bringing revolutionary new weapons to the country: weapons which will sound the death-knell of the Samurai class. This new world can be shut out and tradition upheld, or it can be embraced and mastered. Into this upheaval, a new, Imperial movement rises up against the old Shoguns, attempting to restore the Emperor as rightful master of Japan. Will you back this rising Imperial power, or the Shogunate of old? Choose your path, and carry the country with you in the final battle for Japan's future: the Boshin War, the War of the Year of the Dragon.
This massive-scale, standalone expansion to Total War: Shogun 2 offers a completely new experience to players. Six new playable clans, including those supporting a modern imperial Japan such as the Satsuma, and those allied with the old Shogun like the Nagaoka, are now available. Three great foreign powers must also be dealt with: America, Britain and France all have a vested interest in Japan's future. How will you treat them? All this plays out across an expanded and improved campaign map, covering new island provinces in the far north and featuring all-new building and technology trees as well as brand new features such as railways and naval bombardments, seen for the first time in a Total War title.
As well as the upgrades to the campaign map, brand new units and abilities are also added to Total War: Shogun 2's epic battles. On Land, thirty nine new units are introduced including Gatling guns, US Marines and British Royal Marines. War at sea also changes, with ten new ship types including massive, artillery-bearing steamers, torpedo boats and mighty Ironclad battleships, allowing you to call naval artillery strikes directly into land battles. Coastal batteries can also attack your shipping, so watch out for well-defended ports!
With three new agent types on the campaign map to choose from, four new historical scenarios, brand new siege-battle mechanics and a huge upgrade to Total War: Shogun 2's multiplayer game, the list of additions is as epic as the conflict in Total War: Shogun 2 - Fall Of The Samurai.
Fight one last time for Japan's future, as the age of the Samurai comes face to face with the explosive power of modern weaponry. The fate of all Japan is in your hands.
- Dramatic 19th century Japan setting: Based on the backdrop of the Boshin War period, the new campaign starts in 1864, a time of growing resentment against Western colonial power and influence. As Japan began to modernise and industrialise, the inevitable social and economic changes led to increasingly militant nationalism and antipathy towards the Shogunate.
- 6 new playable clans: Play as a clan supporting the Imperial throne, or the last Shogunate
- Shogunate clans: Aizu, Nagaoka, Jozai
- Imperial clans: Choshu, Satsuma, Tosa
- New foreign powers: The American, British and French nations played an important part in the story of the Boshin war and your relations with these foreign powers will be integral to unit recruitment and to advancing your technology trees
- New 19th century Japan campaign map: The new island of Ezo extends the Shogun 2 campaign map northwards. Fully refreshed towns and other campaign map features reflect the different time period, with railways making their first appearance in a Total War title.
- Railway lines on the campaign map: Develop your own railway network to move armies and agents between your regions. Railways can be sabotaged and transport can be blocked by enemy armies who take control of parts of the line or railway stations.
- 39 new land units: Including modern ranged units - such as the Gatling gun and Armstrong gun - controllable in a new first-person mode. New units can also be recruited from foreign powers, including the British Royal Marines, US Marine Corps and French Marines.
- 10 new naval unit types with a total of 21 ships: New steam-powered warships, heavily armed with modern artillery. Foreign ironclad ships can also be purchased, including the Warrior-class ironclad.
- New port siege battle type: This new battle type triggers when attempting a naval assault on an occupied enemy port. The attacking fleet must sail into the harbour and capture the port, running the gauntlet of coastal gun defences.
- New land and sea unit interactions: During a land battle, armies can call in offshore artillery support barrages. Conversely, costal gun emplacements can target enemy ships during port siege battles, when ending their turn within the range of upgraded coastal defences.
- Campaign map bombardments: Offshore naval units can bombard armies and cities in adjacent coastal areas on the campaign map itself
- 3 new agent types: The Foreign Veteran, the Ishin Shishi and the Shinshengumi. Each new agent has its own skill tree. Ninja and Geisha agents have had their skill trees updated.
- Improved siege battle mechanics: New upgradable tower defences can be built with a specific defence specialty - archery, matchlock or Gatling gun
- 4 new historical battles: Fight in 4 brand-new dramatic portrayals of the major historical battles of the Boshin War
How To Redeem:
An activation code will be emailed out, you will need an internet connection to download the game via steam, no disc will be sent out. For information on how to do this, use the following address.
Please note: Code will be emailed during office hours Monday - Friday GMT
This item will be emailed to the address from which you order
OS: Windows 7 / Vista / XP
Processor: 2 GHz Intel Dual Core processor / 2.6 GHz Intel Single Core processor, or AMD equivalent (with SSE2)
Memory: 1GB RAM (XP), 2GB RAM (Vista / Windows7)
Graphics: 256 MB DirectX 9.0c compatible card (shader model 3)
DirectX®: DirectX 9.0c
Hard Drive: 32GB free hard disk space
Screen Resolution: 1024x768 minimum
OS: Windows 7 / Vista / XP
Processor: 2nd Generation Intel Core i5 processor (or greater), or AMD equivalent
Memory: 2GB RAM (XP), 4GB RAM (Vista / Windows7)
Graphics: AMD Radeon HD 5000 and 6000 series graphics card or equivalent DirectX 11 compatible card
DirectX®: DirectX 9.0c
Hard Drive: 32GB free hard disk space
Screen Resolution: 1280x1024 minimum