Please note: this is the NTSC version of the game which is compatible with PAL systems.
Any future DLC may require a US PSN account.
The Last of Us combines action and survival in an experience that will define – and re-define – the genre, exclusively for PlayStation 3.
The Last of Us comes from Naughty Dog, the critically-acclaimed creators of the Uncharted series, bringing a tale that could not be further from the daredevil adventuring of Nathan Drake, set in a bleak future where humanity are struggling to survive the effects of a deadly pandemic.
Twenty years after the pandemic first hit, civilization has changed. The infected humans run wild like vicious creatures. The survivors are no less vicious, killing each other for food, weapons, and anything else they can get their hands on. And in the middle of all this is Ellile, a 14 year-old girl.
Joel, a ruthless survivor, is hired to smuggle Ellie out of the oppressive military quarantine she calls 'home', but what seems like a simple job turns into a desperate and profound journey across what remains of America.
As you guide Joel and Ellie in their cross-country journey, you'll learn what it takes to survive in the brutal – and beautiful – world of The Last of Us, pushing the limits of human perseverance and exploring the depths of humanity.
- Play as Joel, a ruthless survivor in the post-pandemic world and experience being both the hunter and the hunted. Paired with the brave Ellie, you'll have to work together to survive your cross-country trek against a dangerous but familiar United States.
- Joel and Ellie are at the heart of an intense character-driven narrative, with a cast of rich supporting characters that will take you on an emotional journey as rich and fraught as the one across America, brought to life through Naughty Dog’s award-winning cinematic storytelling, performance capture, and high-production values.
- Explore an America that has been reclaimed by nature, devastated and overgrown. the last remnants of civilization are juxtaposed with the beautiful, lush environments, all realised with stunning graphics.
- The Balance of Power AI system constantly adapts throughout enemy encounters, and you'll need to keep your wits about you to survive. Enemies will change their behaviour based on your actions or the weapon they see Joel carrying, as well as how many of them are left.
- Survival is about more than combat, though, and you'll need to scavenge for vital resources, craft weapons from what you can find and compete with other survivors for limited food, supplies and ammo.