Please note: this is the NTSC version of the game which is compatible with PAL systems.
Any future DLC may require a US PSN account.
Star Trek The Video Game is an exciting new voyage for the crew of the Starship Enterprise in the new universe created in the 2009 Star Trek movie. Set between the events of that movie and the sequel Star Trek Into Darkness, this original story was co-written by BAFTA award winner and God of War writer, Marianne Krawczyk. Acclaimed Ontario-based developers Digital Extremes have worked closely with the team at Paramount Pictures to ensure that this is a game that forms an important and faithful part of the Star Trek franchise, with the movie cast, including Chris pine, Zachary Quinto, Karl Urban and Simon Pegg, all performing their roles for the game.
Star Trek The Video Game allows you to play as Captain James T Kirk and Mr Spock for the first time in a video game. Whether you choose the reckless Kirk or logical Spock, the two distinct personalities allow for very different playing styles and character abilities, and you'll need to work alongside your partner to save the galaxy together. In this unique co-op adventure, you can play locally or online with a friend in private co-op mode, or go online and team with any other player joining in around the world. You can also play alone, with your partner controlled through AI.
But what would Star Trek be without strange new worlds to explore? Star Trek The Video Game lets you visit mysterious alien planets filled with dense jungles or treacherous rocks, as well as remote space stations, science labs and more. Plus, you'll get to explore parts of the Enterprise that have never been before. You'll also discover the villains of the story, the deadly Gorn. These rascally reptiles have been given a makeover in-keeping with the new Star Trek universe, and are now more dangerous than ever.
The spirit of Star Trek adventure is also very much alive in the gameplay of Star Trek The Video Game. Whether you're gliding through chasms or jumping precariously through zero G onto moving spaceships, hijacking enemy vessels or guiding the Enterprise in epic space battles, this is your chance to experience the action and excitement that comes with being the Captain and First Officer of a Federation Starship. You'll also be rewarded for carrying out your missions like a true Starfleet officer, like setting your phasers to stun instead of kill.
Amidst all the action, though, there is still very much an emphasis on exploration. This is not limited to the places you go, but in the way you play, too. Each location is ripe with information to gather using your trusty Tricorder, and the more you learn from the people and places around you, the more you'll be rewarded. The Tricorder can also be used to solve puzzles, open doorways and access control panels, and sometimes only in tandem with your partner.
The Tricorder isn't the only bit of 23rd Century equipiment you'll use in Star Trek The Video Game. There's a wide variety of weapons and gear from Kirk and Spock's signature phasers, to specialist outfits for certain environments, to the weapons that Scotty has been tinkering with and upgrading. Combined with your character's special skills, every encounter, every no-win situation will turn out differently based on who, what and how you play.
- Authentic Trek universe
- Meet the crew: The 2009 Star Trek film cast will be contributing their voices for the game, including Chris Pine as Kirk and Zachary Quinto as Spock
- Original standalone story: Set after the events of the Star Trek (2009) reboot, continue the sweeping journey through the new universe with a completely original story
- Explore-: Uncover new areas on the Enterprise and other ships, explore never-before-seen sectors throughout the galaxy including exotic planets, treacherous jungles, remote space stations and other locales
- Kirk / Spock asymmetrical co-op play
- Ultimate co-op: Built from the ground up as a co-op experience, Star Trek packs two vastly different gameplay styles and unique character abilities into one game. The result: the most fully realized and varied co-op experience of this console generation.
- Kirk and Spock reborn: Play for the first time as two of the most well-known characters in science fiction, as only this new Star Trek game could allow. With the fate of the galaxy on the line, players must rely on each other to create a kick-ass team.
- Epic action adventure
- The Gorn return: Determined to conquer the galaxy, the Gorn returns as re-imagined versions of the classic Trek villains, infecting their foes with venom that can poison, cause hallucinations, and even kill. Ranging in size and abilities, the Gorn seed mayhem and destruction as they destroy populations and deplete planets of their resources.
- Scope and variety: Authentic set pieces and ever-changing gameplay underscore the adventure in Star Trek. Hijack enemy battleships, jump precariously through zero G onto moving spaceships and swim through subterranean waterways.
- 23rd century weapons: Star Trek employs a wide variety of weapons and gear, putting you in complete control of a huge load out of 23rd Century tech, including unique signature weapons for Kirk and Spock. Combined with your character's special skills, every encounter, every no-win situation will turn out differently based on who, what and how you play.