Redefining the SSX franchise, SSX: Deadly Descents will pit riders versus both mountain and man. Players will explore the story of a team who seek to be the first to descend the faces of the most treacherous mountain ranges on the planet. The team will travel the world to face the worst that Mother Nature can throw at them.
From the peaks of the Himalayas, where the air is so thin that riders have to descend through the death zone at breakneck speeds to keep from blacking out, to the solid ice ranges of Antarctica, where a sunlit line is the only survival option when temperatures drop 50 degrees centigrade in the shade.
And the mountain isn't the only danger players will face. In SSX: Deadly Descents the first goal is to survive. The second, in true SSX fashion, is to look good doing it.
- Conquer the planet's mountains: From Antarctica to Africa and the Himalayas to the Alps, players will drop into nine of the most iconic mountains ranges on planet earth. Using NASA topographical data and our proprietary Mountain Man tool, each of these iconic mountain ranges have then been exaggerated to deliver a gameplay experience that is true to SSX.
- Race it: Way beyond your typical racing experience, SSX allows players to race down huge open mountains with multiple elevations and no invisible walls to hem the player in
- Trick it: Defying the laws of reality, SSX will enable players to pull off tricks that would make even the world's greatest snowboarders cringe. Forget a 1260 Double Mctwist, in SSX if you still have both feet strapped to the board while you're spinning 200 feet in the air then you're still a beginner. With a refined trick system and levels designed to deliver trick opportunities at every turn, filling your Tricky meter is a must.
- Survive it: A new gameplay element inspired by big mountain snowboarding, SSX asks players to survive some of the most treacherous descents on earth. Challenged by the power of Mother Nature, players will have to survive avalanches, white outs, freezing cold temperatures and much more, as they make their way down these natural boss battles.
- Advanced physics: Harnessing the power of the current generation of consoles, SSX introduces a revolutionary physics engine that will allow players to ride and trick off almost anything in the environment, unrestricted by invisible walls and barriers
- Upgradeable gear: From boards of varying speeds to wing suits that let you glide for longer distances, upgrade your gear to ride faster, trick higher and survive longer
- Characters old and new: Favorite characters, as selected by the fans, make their return to SSX along with new faces that will be joining the franchise