In sub-zero temperatures, surrounded by blinding white snow and hard blue ice, with engines screaming and skis scraping across the track, 100 miles per hour might just be fast enough to win.
Ski-Doo Challenge gives you the opportunity to race some of the fastest machines on ice, all modelled on their real world counterparts to give an extra layer of authenticity.
Race across 4 different countries with over 25 different tracks, split between 4 different disciplines which you can attempt at single player or with up to 12 people in the multiplayer modes.
- Tear through 25 tracks at over 100 mph with HD cinematic speed effects
- Go head-to-head in 12 player online matches
- Compete in Snow Cross, Cross Country, Aerial Freestyle, and Hill Cross events
- Perform 16 dangerous stunts in mid-air, for big points... if you can land
- Earn Adrenaline with tricks and treachery, then go into Overdrive
- Ride 20 authentic Ski-Doo snowmobiles
- Purchase upgrades for every sled, customise their colours and decals
- Personalise your rider with official Ski-Doo gear
- Gameplay Innovation:
- The ability to lean and shift your weight on the sled adds a whole new dimension to the controls, increasing the depth without increasing the complexity
- Ski-Doo: Snowmobile Challenge's adrenaline overdrive mechanic rewards players for driving aggressively, performing stunts and takedowns, which (particularly in multiplayer) makes sure the races both look and feel spectacular
- Deformable terrain has a much greater impact in Ski-Doo Snowmobile Challenge than in other racers. Changes to the snow surface during a race is more dramatic than those seen on other surfaces, like muddy tracks, so your choice of path will really affect the outcome of the race.
- Ski-Doo: Snowmobile Challenge benefits from a split-screen multiplayer feature in addition to an online multiplayer mode
- Snow Cross: The Snow Cross tracks are tight and technical, dominated by spectacular jumps and narrow turns. Here acceleration and handling is more important than speed. You need to truly master your sled and your adrenaline level to stay ahead and stay on track.
- Cross Country: Cross country races are longer and they take the riders through more diverse outdoor environments. These tracks are not as tight and filled with jumps as the Snow Cross tracks but instead they feature more different ground materials, large elevation differences and parts where the player will ride at the very top speed of the sled.
- Hill Cross: Hill Cross events are short and intense races uphill from point A to point B with lots of big jumps and obstacles along the way, requiring the player to select the optimal path, and to maximize the boost. This type of event is featured in the popular Winter X-Games.
- Stunt: Stunt is a time limited game mode where the player gets points for doing stunts, most points at the end of the round wins. A round is 3 minutes long and takes place at special designed arena-levels with lots of jumps.