Please note: this is the NTSC version of the game which is compatible with PAL systems.
Any future DLC may require a US PSN account.
PDLC Voucher: Joseph Capelli's SRPA Sentinel uniform for use in Resistance 3 multiplayer games
Resistance Fall of Man
Resistance Fall of Man is a gripping first-person action game developed exclusively for the PS3. Set in a frightening, alternate 20th century reality, Resistance: Fall of Man will deliver a thoroughly believable world that blends epic military action and unnerving horror. Utilising its signature creative style, Insomniac Games has created a truly next-generation experience featuring smarter enemies, a wide variety of horrifying creatures, physics-based weaponry, playable vehicles and highly detailed, diverse environments. Players will be challenged online and offline as Resistance: Fall of Man delivers an engaging single-player campaign, a co-operative mode and one of the most complete multiplayer offerings in a console game.
In Resistance Fall of Man, the U.S. and Britain band together in a last-ditch effort to save Europe and Asia from a horrific scourge. In mere decades, the Chimera - a species of unknown origin propagating a virus that converts other life forms into more Chimera - has overrun Russia and all of Europe. Humanity's hope for survival is slim, and the tide of the battle rests on the shoulders of U.S. Army Ranger, Sgt. Nathan Hale.
- Resistance Fall of Man draws players into a deep, frightening story that rewrites the 20th century and pits the United States and Britain against a horrific species of unknown origin
- In addition to an epic single-player campaign, Resistance: Fall of Man features co-op, split screen multiplayer and highly customisable online gameplay
- A wide variety of fluidly moving characters that exhibit sophisticated behaviors and realistically interact with their environments
- Exotic weapons and vehicles utilising a proprietary physics system, creating a unique human and alien arsenal
Picking up immediately where 'Resistance: Fall of Man' concluded, Resistance 2 follows Nathan Hale as he finds himself once more in a world transformed by war and invasion. Undaunted by their defeat in London, the Chimera have continued to advance and are nowpoised to attack the United States. Entire cities have been leveled and communities annihilated. In this war where the odds are so heavily stacked against the human race, few are left who are willing and able to fight.
Fortunately, Hale is not alone. A group of super soldiers known as the Sentinels will fight alongside Hale as they collectively attempt to thwart the inevitable. Players will once again step into the war-torn boots of Nathan Hale, who not only faces near impossible odds on the battlefield, but also constantly struggles with the Chimeran virus raging inside his own body.
- Set in an alternate reality 1953 America, explore highly-detailed and interactive environments where the familiar meshes with the alien, resulting in an American landscape both beautiful and haunting
- Experience online co-op in a completely new way. Choose between three distinctive character classes and join seven other players to battle through a unique story that parallels the main campaign. Players will also enhance their characters' attributes as they unlock new armour sets and equipment along the way
- In addition to an epic single-player campaign, Resistance 2 offers a truly unprecedented eight-player, class-based online co-op campaign with a separate, parallel storyline and 60-player online competitive multiplayer built upon a massive battles, greater intimacy mantra