Please note: this is the NTSC version of the game which is fully compatible with PAL systems.
For the first time ever Scorpion, Sub-Zero and the Mortal Kombat warriors battle with Batman, Superman and other popular DC Universe superheroes. Choose your side and challenge your opponents with an all-new fighting system including Freefall Kombat and Klose Kombat along with dynamic multi-tiered environments. Plus, pick your favourite character from Mortal Kombat or DC Universe and pursue a fighting adventure in the new single-player mode with an intertwined storyline and two unique perspectives.
- Choose your kombatant! Kombat forces friends to fight, worlds to collide and unlikely alliances to be forged. Mortal Kombat warriors and DC Universe heroes engage in battle for the first time on the PlayStation 3. In the ultimate Elseworlds story, players can now explore what would happen when Sub-Zero faces off against Batman, and much more.
- Signature attacks. Each character has specific moves to take down opponents in his or her own signature style. Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe will also feature distinct finishing moves, tapping into the true Mortal Kombat experience.
- All-new fighting mechanics. For the first time in Mortal Kombat history, players can face off with two all-new fighting mechanics, Freefall Kombat and Klose Kombat. Freefall Kombat allows players to battle in mid-air while falling from one arena into the next. Klose Kombat, a brutal up-close fighting mechanic, gives players the ability to grasp the gritty dark tone through progressive damage that is inflicted on fighters during battle through visible bruises, torn clothing, and more!
- New single-player mode. Players choose their storyline experience beginning with either the Mortal Kombat or DC Universe. The unique storyline intertwines both the Mortal Kombat and DC Universes and characters into an exclusive dynamic fighting adventure.
- The ultimate fighting arenas. Players will face off in various iconic arenas like Metropolis and Gotham City from the DC Universe side and Hell and Graveyard from the Mortal Kombat side, as well as several never-before-seen combo arenas that blend the two universes together!
- Top writing talent. The game's dark, realistic tone is created through the collaborative partnership of top comics writing team Jimmy Palmiotti and Justin Gray along with veteran Mortal Kombat team members.
- Take the battle online. Players will have the ability to choose sides, challenge friends and take the fight online!