Please note: this is the NTSC version of the game which is compatible with PAL systems.
Any future DLC may require a US PSN account.
Making its debut on PS3, the first title in the Killzone trilogy is set in an era of space colonization. Gamers take control of Jan Templar, Interplanetary Strategic Alliance (ISA) Captain, who is desperately trying to repel the Helghast invasion of Vekta. Re-mastered with stunning HD visuals, Killzone is the game that started it all and built an army of fans for this nail-biting trilogy.
Killzone is a squad-based, first-person shooter, set in the near future during a period of planetary colonization. Drawing inspiration from classical military conflicts of the 20th century, Killzone demonstrates a unique graphical style that captures the grit and realism of intense military warfare. Featuring online gameplay via the Network Adaptor (Ethernet/modem) (for PlayStation with voice-chat capabilities via the USB Headset (for PlayStation Killzone is based on classic military altercations found in the history of warfare; players will battle through trenches, endure city sieges, sweat through jungles and battle guerilla combatants
Two years after the Helghast assault on Vekta, the ISA are taking the fight to Helghan. Their goal: to capture the Helghast leader, Emperor Visari, and bring the Helghast war machine to a halt. You assume the role of Sev, a battle-hardened veteran and a member of the special forces unit known as the Legion.
For Sev and his squad, the invasion of Helghan is just beginning. Tasked with securing Pyrrhus, the Capital City, they quickly discover that the Helghast are a formidable enemy on their home planet. Not only have they adjusted to the planet's hostile conditions, they have also harnessed a source of power they can now use against the ISA.
Sev and his squad aren't just fighting the enemy forces - their fiercest opponent is the planet itself.
Welcome to Helghan, soldier!
- Experience realistic, highly atmospheric environments that respond dynamically to the violent conditions on Helgha
- Witness the devastating effects of Helghan's climate as it forces you and your enemies to adapt to new tactics
- Face off against fearsome enemies who have learned to wield the hostility of Helghan itself against their opponents
- Operate new and exotic weapons and vehicles, in addition to trusty Killzone classics like the M82-G and the StA-52 LAR
Killzone 3 brings you back into the action where Killzone 2 left off, with Visari, the vicious Helghast dictator, lying dead at the feet of Special Forces soldiers Sev and Rico. The battle may have been won but the war is far from over. Visari's death has left behind a world of political scheming, infighting and outright murder. Meanwhile his parting gift, a nuclear bomb detonated in Phyruss, the Helghan Capital, has decimated the ISA invasion force. With no re-enforcements and supplies quickly running out, you must now fight against ruthless Helghast war machine alone.
- Huge environments throughout the game, including nuclear wastelands, alien jungles, and arctic vistas. Levels are up to 10 times the size of those in Killzone 2.
- Fully enhanced game engine, with new optimized data streaming systems that will load texture and music content seamlesslyNew brutal melee system with a number of varied attacks.
- Control an arsenal of advanced weaponry, such as the Wasp missile launcher, in addition to trusty classics like the M82-G assault rifle.
- Face off against new breeds of fearsome Helghast enemies that wield a variety of new weapons and abilities.
- Vehicle gameplay is greatly increased, with players able to do battle from Intruders, using jet packs, and accessing a number of land-based vehicle options.
- Killzone 3 will support full stereoscopic 3D gameplay compatibility.
- Overall improved accessibility including better controls as well as much more varied Artificial Intelligence
* Please note: This additional download maps and online multiplayer DLC code that is included in the box has expired, but all 3 games are still fully playable from disc for single player.