Inversion is a third-person co-op shooter that combines hard-hitting, adrenaline-pumping action with a revolutionary gravity manipulation engine. Featuring the Grappler weapon, players will be able to manipulate gravity for their own purposes.
The Grappler can be used in countless combat situations by maneuvering massive objects as shields or projectiles, and moving camped enemies out of concealed cover so they can be blasted away. The Grappler is also a key tool for tactical situations and puzzle solving as players can lift, move, or create cover objects at their whim. The awesome power of gravity is right at players' fingertips.
Additionally, Inversion is one of the first games to feature the Havok destruction engine which bestows Inversion with massively destructible environments including an elaborate cover system.
Set in the near future, the tranquil peace enjoyed by mankind shatters with an unforeseen invasion by an unknown enemy called the Lutadore. Armed to the teeth with futuristic gravity-controlling weapons, the Lutadore easily overrun the city's defenses.
Unbeknownst to all, mysterious anomalies have surfaced in conjunction with the invasion. Random regions in the city have entered zero gravity or have suffered vector changes, throwing the world into topsy-turvy chaos.
Assuming the role of Davis Russel, a hotheaded 28-year-old cop, or Leo Delgado, Davis' neighbor, players will embark on a journey through the war ravaged gravity twisted disorienting streets of their home town and beyond, to find Davis' missing child
- Multiplayer options:
- Play through the compelling story on your own or play witth others in eitther co-op or competitive modes
- Breakthrough gravity-defying gameplay:
- Learn to maneuver and shoot in an ever-changing state of global gravity, including weightlesss gameplay in zero gravity
- Control gravitational forces using your Gravlink device to either increase or decrease the ammount of gravity on a given target
- Command gravity to crush objects in your way, float enemies into range or even pick up cars to use them as mobile cover
- Innovative cover system:
- With bullets flying, seek cover objectss in the environnment or manipulate objects to create cover for yourself.
- Pervasive environmental destruction:
- Inversion has been specifically designed to allow for maximum destructibility using the "Havok Destruction" module