Final Fantasy XIII-2: Limited Collector's Edition Includes:*
- Unique clamshell packaging containing the Final Fantasy XIII-2 game
- Composer selected soundtrack: CD with selection of music tracks from the game, specially chosen by the composers
- Artwork book "The Art of Final Fantasy XIII-2", featuring artwork from across the production
- 6 collectable postcards, featuring high quality CG artwork of main characters in the game
- High definition leniticular artprint, showing an iconic image of the Lightning character
Final Fantasy XIII-2 is currently in production with an aim for producing high quality game contents which exceed "Final Fantasy XIII" in every aspect; namely, a brand-new story which stems from the previous title as well as a battle system which has evolved further since "XIII" - and more.
From the release of the first FIinal Fantasy in 1987, this unique RPG series has continued to offer the industry's most advanced graphics, highly imaginative worlds and rich stories as it gains the highest accolades from users around the world.
She spent years fighting her destiny. With courage in her heart, she faced the false gods who ruled over people for centuries.
Her unfaltering determination changed the world. The gods were vanquished, their plans to massacre the human race destroyed. As Cocoon fell, a single pillar formed, connecting the ravaged world to the one below-Pulse, the underworld. It was the beginning of a new era.
However, she was nowhere to be found. Everyone was convinced she was gone-with the exception of her sister, Serah Farron.
Three years later-
A single meteorite falls from the sky. As spatial distortions are created, bloodthirsty monsters appear, threatening the peaceful existence of the townspeople.
In the midst of this chaos, Serah is rescued by a young man by the name of Noel. A hunter from the future, he appears in front of her with a message.
"Come with me across the boundaries of time," he says. "Your sister is waiting."
She is Lightning-protector of the Goddess who rules the realm of death and chaos. She is Serah's sister, her heroine, her savior.
I need to see my sister again.
Grabbing her weapon, Serah heads out on a journey as she takes her first step into a new, unknown future.
- A new tale awaits: Final Fantasy XIII-2 will reveal further world-changing events from the amazing mythology as presented in the original Final Fantasy XIII, now featuring both familiar faces and new characters. The story of Final Fantasy XIII-2 is written in a way that can still be enjoyed without knowledge of the previous title, while series fans will find plenty of interesting references to the original story too.
- Larger, more interactive environments: Places with multiple pathways to explore, and many secrets to find, offer players the chance to shape the adventure their way - giving more variety, choice, and control over the experience.
- Time travel - a new dimension of exploration: A new gameplay system called the Historia Crux, encourages players to experience choice and freedom in a way unlike any other Final Fantasy game. The situation, scenery, flora, fauna and weather conditions all change depending on when you visit that location. Some information and items can only be obtained in certain combinations of time and place. Untangling the threads of time is essential in witnessing the full story!
- Enhanced Battle System: The acclaimed battle system known of Final Fantasy has been developed to offer even greater quality. Additional choice and variety are available through new elements such as visually dynamic Cinematic Action sequences, and an innovative battle clock that will either reward or punish players depending on their actions and choices.
- Master of monsters: A wide variety of over 150 different monsters inhabiting the game world can be recruited into the player's party and battle strategy, with each creature having unique and devastating special abilities!
* Contents subject to change by the publisher