Ex-Display MAG (M.A.G) Game PS3
Please Note: Online Mulitplayer Only, Internet Connection required
If you think you've seen all that online shooters have to offer you haven't experienced MAG. Instead of just a dozen or so people in small scale confrontations this battlefield is filled with 256 other players, all working together in their own 8-man squads.
Although you can play the game as a standard first person shooter working together with your teammates is the only way to succeed, with each squad pursuing different tactics and objects - from directing air strikes, to taking part in parachute drops and overrunning enemy gun emplacements.
As you gain more experience in the game your character's abilities and weapons will improve and evolve, with the best players earning the right to command more and more people and take a greater strategic role in the wider conflict. This is all out virtual war on a scale that has never been possible before on a home console.
- 256 reasons: The largest scale online shooter ever seen on a console, with 256 people playing across maps in gigantic mile-wide levels.
- Brothers in arms: Become the leader of your own squad of 8 players, then work your way up to platoon and company commander as you gain more and more control of the battlefield.
- Veteran soldier: Earn experience in battle (and by following orders) and upgrade your character, your weapons and your ability to call in airstrikes and artillery.
- Top gun: Take command of a range of different vehicles, including tanks, armoured personnel carriers and aircraft.
- The big three: Join one of three factions, from the U.S. army style Valor group to the more unorthodox S.V.E.R and the futuristic Raven team.
About the Developer: Zipper Interactive
Many developers have their own specialities and Zipper's is definitely tactical shoot 'em-ups. The Washington-based studio has been responsible for almost all the SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs games and is currently working on the 256-player MAG. They were acquired by Sony in 2006.