Please note: this is the NTSC version of the game which is compatible with PAL systems.
Any future DLC may require a US PSN account.
Electronic Arts guarantees a happy Halloween for survival horror fans with the release of this terrifying, deeply personal thriller. Developed as a single-player game, Dead Space delivers the chilling, claustrophobic feeling of being isolated in a dark environment -- all the while being stalked by some truly horrific enemies!
Set in the far future, Earth's appetite for natural resources has become a major motivator for deep space exploration. Immense, privately-owned and operated mining ships called "planetcrackers" orbit planets and use sophisticated equipment to carve out entire city-sized chunks of rock, reducing them to component elements and raw ore. When communications go dead on-board the USG Ishimura, a famous planetcracker -- systems engineer Isaac Clarke -- is sent in to fix the problem. Once on-board the vessel, Isaac discovers that the crew has unearthed an ancient and malevolent alien presence far beneath the planet's surface and brought it on-board. Weaponless, alone and terrified, this lone engineer is burdened with much more than simple survival -- he must seal the alien horror back into the dark rock.
- Experience the rush of this terrifying, deeply personal thriller game
- Investigate lost signal and repair all necessary equipment in order to restore communications
- Explore distant future onboard the USG Ishimura
- Simulates claustrophobic feeling of being isolated in dark environment
- Developed as a single-player game