Dark Void is a single player sci-fi action-adventure game for Xbox 360 that is destined to change the way gamers think about third-person shooter combat. An adrenaline-fuelled blend of aerial and ground-pounding combat mechanics and cover systems headlined by the game's signature in-game items--the hooverpack and jetpack--in it players will experience 3D action like never before as they transition from ground to air combat, and back again whenever they choose.
Set in a parallel universe called "The Void," in Dark Void players take on the role of Will, a down on his luck cargo pilot who crashes in the Bermuda Triangle, and is inexplicably transported to the alien dimension which is the mysterious Void. Here this unlikely hero is caught up in a desperate struggle for survival, joining forces with a rebel human group called The Survivors in their struggle against an ancient and hostile race known as the Watchers who have enslaved the humans of the Void for millenia. Will's main goal is to discover a way to get back to his own dimension, but in that he and the humans of the Void have a common enemy, it eventually seems that he may be destined for a higher calling as well.
- Sci-Fi action/adventure combines aerial and on-foot combat for a totally unique third-person shooter experience.
- Speed and scale unmatched by any other action title: send Will zipping through tight corridors and then out into immense canyons and futuristic geoscapes.
- Gravity-defying vertical combat system, where moving up is the only way to bring your enemies down.
- Seemless transition between jetpack flight, ship-to-ship dog fighting and third-person shoot-‘em-up action all exists within the same level – not broken up into different areas.
- Unique grip system that allows the players to scale walls by jumping from surface to surface and hijack UFO’s while in mid-air.
- Huge bosses that require fast reflexes and aerial barnstorming maneuvers to defeat.
- Developed by Airtight Studios, a new group featuring team members from the Crimson Skies series of video games.