The call of duty needs answering once again, as the blockbusting first person shooter series returns to the modern day. A direct sequel to Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, you now play new character Sgt Gary "Roach" Sanderson. Your commander is "Soap" from the first game as you join a multinational anti-terrorist squad out to stop Russian ultra nationalists.
The story mode features an even more varied series of locales than before, including a snowbound mission that starts with a daredevil mountain climb and ends with a high speed snowmobile chase as you make your escape. With other levels set in Afghanistan, Rio de Janeiro and even underwater this has more action than a dozen Hollywood blockbusters.
But that's just the single player mode - the multiplayer is even more ground-breaking than before, with new co-op options and even more rewards and perks for competitive play.
- Epic single-player campaign picks up immediately following the thrilling events from Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
- The definitive multiplayer experience returns, with a host of new perks and enhancements
- New cooperative SpecOps mode, the perfect combination of Modern Warfare's single player intensity and the addictive replayability of its multiplayer
- Special Ops Mode allows two players, either alone or with a friend, to engage in unique mission play and features split-screen functionality
- Modern Warfare 2 contains new and updated weapons, new weapons attachments, and a variant of the multiplayer weapons customisation system from Call of Duty 4, now available in the single player campaign