Call of Duty Black Ops is a first-person shooter with stealth and tactical play aspect that puts players in the role of a shadow soldier fighting in a variety of historically representative fictional Black Ops missions of the Cold War era. Created with the input of actual Black Ops soldiers from the time, the game mixes traditional Call of Duty tactical shooter gameplay with new gameplay options designed to expand the players' experience. Additional features include extensive multiplayer options, along with new vehicles and explosive new weapons.
Follow-up to 2009’s blockbuster Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, Call of Duty Black Ops breaks new ground in the Call of Duty series and the video game industry at large by delving into the not-so cold conflicts of the Cold War.
Inspired by the experiences of real Black Ops soldiers of the era, the missions of Call of Duty Black Ops take the player to a wide variety of settings, ranging from snowbound mountain strongholds in historical Soviet held territories, to the jungles and urban settings of Vietnam War era SE Asia. Throughout all, care has been taken to maintain the traditional essence of Call of Duty style combat, while also introducing new types of player action that add to the gameplay experience. Additional features include co-op, versus and team-based multiplayer options, new vehicles like the SR-71 Blackbird and lethal new weapons such as explosive-tipped crossbows.
- Seventh installment of the Call of Duty series, based on the live fire conflicts of the Cold War era.
- Diverse variety of play setting ranging from urban air and ground combat in SE Asia, to snow combat in Soviet region and jungle combat.
- Blending of traditional COD, and new first-person character scenarios designed to both retain the essence of the COD gaming experience and ensure constantly flowing and varied action.
- New arsenal of weapons and vehicles tied to the Cold War era, including the SR-71 Blackbird and sited explosive-tipped crossbows.
- Wide array of play modes including single player, local multiplayer versus and online co-op and multiplayer.
- Cinematic single player campaign: An epic campaign and story that takes you to a variety of locations and conflicts all over the world where you will play as an elite Black Ops soldier in deniable operations where if you are caught, captured, or killed, your country will disavow all knowledge of your existence
- Signature multiplayer: Call Of Duty's signature multiplayer gameplay returns with new perks and killstreaks, deeper levels of character customisation, and all new modes
- Wager Matches: One in the chamber, Gun Game, Sticks & Stones and Sharpshooter
- Theatre Mode: View, record and edit your favourite moments from multiplayer, and share with your friends
- Combat Training: Test your skills solo or Co-Op with friends against AI enemy players
- Zombies! Fan favourite Zombie mode is back providing endless hours of Zombie-slaying entertainment, solo or Co-Op