Brutal Legend tells the tale of Eddie Riggs, played by Jack Black, who is drawn back through time to a mythical world immersed in rock 'n' roll folklore; where great Metal titans once ruled and power chords rang from the countryside for all to hear. When an oppressed people request Eddie's knowledge of modern warfare, he pulls from his own experience in the only occupation he's ever had, a roadie for a Heavy Metal band. From this springs the most hellacious army man has ever seen, and thus brings this ancient world into the Age of Metal.
- Action Combat: Brutal Legend's core gameplay is classic Action. From close quarter blows delivered by The Separator, Eddie's blood soaked broad axe, to ranged combat from your demon-slaying guitar named Clementine, as well as vehicular attacks supplied by your hot rod, The Deuce (aka The Druid Plow), Brutal Legend delivers deep, rewarding, fun combat that will have you throwing your "devil horns" in the air.
- A World Like No Other: Inspired by some of the most iconic album art and lyrics of all-time, Brutal Legend features a streaming, open world rich with detail, from mountains made of guitar amps to big block V8 engines rising from the ground, delivering a world truly unique and unlike anything you've seen before.
- Titans of Stage and Screen: Lead by Jack Black as the voice of Eddie Riggs, the epic cast of Brutal Legend features vocal talent providing by some of Metal's biggest names, including Rob Halford of Judas Priest, Lemmy Kilmister of Motorhead, Lita Ford and more.
- Online Multiplayer: Take the Metal madness online in Brutal Legend's Multiplayer Mode that combines action combat with a strategic unit-control mechanic that allows the player to direct their army in The Battle of the Bands, where the ultimate trophy is survival.
- Upgrade Your Arsenal: Gain "Lighter Tributes" throughout the world and visit The Motorforge, where you can upgrade The Separator, Clementine and The Deuce to make them even more lethal on the battlefields.
- Tim Schafer: Known for creating a level depth and humour in his characters, Tim Schafer is consistently recognised as one of the gaming industry's premier designers and has written such classics as Full Throttle, Grim Fandango and PsychoNauts.
- Fully Licensed Soundtrack: Brutal Legend will feature a fully licensed soundtrack that includes some of the greatest Metal and Rock 'n' Roll songs ever assembled.