Atelier Escha & Logy takes place four years after the events of Atelier Ayesha The Alchemist of Dusk, albeit in a land far away. The country Escha and Logy reside in was once very prosperous thanks to the power of alchemy. But time changes all things, and alchemy became a lost art. However, people have begun to rediscover its benefits while trying to find a way to prevent the reoccurrence of the “End of dusk.”
Players will take on the role of either Escha or Logy and tackle various alchemic missions to accomplish their goals. Depending on how players accomplish each of the missions, the outcome of the game will be affected. Many enemies and obstacles will stand in their way, so not only will players have to level up their characters, but they will also need to craft new and more powerful items so they can advance the game’s story.
- Two paths. One goal: Players may choose to experience the story from either Escha’s or Logy’s perspective. Escha’s tale focuses on an alchemist’s daily life. Logy’s tale, has a more dramatic story and follows the traditional RPG experience.
- Massive customization: Players can craft new items and weapons by using alchemy. There are over 180 ingredients to choose from with different effects and combinations. Many are hidden, so adventure off to find rare items!
- High speed combat: Battles are fought in a turn-based manner, like many timeless RPG classics. Character actions and command inputs, however, have been optimized for a fast-paced experience.
- Over 100 hours of gameplay: Combined with Escha and Logy there are 20 different endings, so players have something to look after even if they beat the game.
- Long selling series with a solid fan base: Atelier Escha & Logy will be the 9th installment in the Atelier series beginning from the PS2 days. It is a series loved by many with a strong following.