Please note: this is the NTSC version of the game which is fully compatible with PAL systems.
Command either the United States, Imperial Japan or the British as you take part in a dramatic sequence of large-scale naval and air operations where the fate of the world is in your hands. Pacific Storm Allies perfectly blends three games genres into one: strategic wargame, tactical RTS and aircraft simulator.
- Besides Japan and the USA, Pacific Storm Allies brings in new allies and axis nations for each side (Germany for Japan, the UK and the Netherlands, and the USSR for the USA). To achieve victory you will need to co-operate with the new nations both in war and diplomacy.
- A hit location system, which realistically shows the damage dealt to ships and aircraft will now directly influence the unit's function.
- Diplomacy has also been added to the game - with its help you can arrange a joint nations operation or trade technology and units.
- Long range ground, water and air based ballistic and cruise missiles now can be launched at a strategic level.
- New mod system allows you to create different versions of the game: add new units, change units' skins, create new maps, missions and even new special effects. One can change the balance and visual look of the game. Numerous new technological upgrades will give users more freedom in creating different weaponry and modifications.
- New direct ship control (3rd person view) allows the player to control the movement of his ships and its weapons (major and minor calibre, air defence turrets, torpedoes) - and the possibility to control aircraft with a mouse and an enhanced list of supported joysticks.
- Improved Multiplayer with 3 modes: Battle Planner (4 players), Dogfight (8 players) and Historical (2 players co-operative).
- Brand new version of the graphics engine.
Windows 2000 / XP with DirectX 9.0c or higher
Intel Pentium 4 2.0GHz or equivalent
128MB Graphics Card (DirectX 9.0 compatible) (nVidia GeForce FX 5900 or ATI Radeon 9800)
3GB Free Hard Disk Space
Any DirectX compatible Sound Card
Keyboard and mouse