Icewind Dale II expands upon gameplay elements found in Icewind Dale offering players the ability to hone their combat skills and achieve even more powerful possessions, spells, and experience. Icewind Dale II hosts a large variety of new weapons, armour and magical items and features all the spells from Icewind Dale and its expansion pack. Additionally, Icewind Dale II includes over 50 new spells such as Executioner's Eyes and Aegis, bringing the total to over 300 spells.
A generation after the events in Icewind Dale, a grave new threat has arisen in the North; a threat that seeks to cut off the Ten-Towns from the rest of Faerun in a bitter power struggle. A vicious horde of goblins, orcs and bugbears has gathered beneath the mysterious banner of the Chimera and is attacking the port town of Targos.
The town of Bremen has fallen, goblin raiders ride the plains, and a stream of refugees are fleeing southwards to Bryn Shander and beyond. Fearing that they will be overrun, Targos has sent out a call for all able-bodied adventurers, soldiers and mercenaries to sail north to stand with the town's defenders against the encroaching horde, and it's up to the players' small band of adventurers to save Targos from destruction. Yet nothing is as it appears and as the shadow of the horde falls on Targos, the players find themselves drawn into an escalating conflict that plunges the region of Icewind Dale once again, into war.
- Twenty races and subraces can now be chosen
- Uses heavily modified version of the award-winning BioWare Infinity Engine to include dual-wielding, multi-classing, skills and feats
- Over fifty new spells, along with all the spells from Icewind Dale and Heart of Winter, bringing the total to over 300 spells reaching up to level 9
- Over one hundred new special items, some with histories
- Comes with new player character portraits and sound sets
- Many new monsters, such as Hook Horrors and Driders
- Has new random treasure generator for enemies
- Character generation now using a point buy system instead of rolling
- Heart of Fury mode and difficulty scale like in Heart of Winter.
- Limited 3D acceleration
- Improved enemy artificial intelligence
- New and improved interface system
Pentium II 266 MHz
Operating System 95/98/ME/2000/XP with DirectX 7.0 or higher
RAM 32 MB
CD-ROM Drive 8x
Sound Card DirectX-certified
Hard Disk 600 MB
DirectX-certified, 4 MB video RAM
Recomended: Pentium II 300 MHz, 64 MB RAM