It's the 1930s. The residents of Merkister Hall, Brigadier Balderdash and his wife Lotta, are just two of those who have achieved a very comfortable life. The guests had all arrived as planned and with the food ready to be served in the kitchens the party only lacked one thing, namely the butler Leversham who has been discovered dead, in the Billiard room! With the butler murdered, the question everyone must answer is: who did it? This boxed set is beautifully put together with lots of extras! Each boxed murder mystery games has been hand assembled, is provided in full colour print and and contains the following:
- Invitations and envelopes for all the guests
- Character booklet for each guest
- DVD, CD and script for the inspector (which means you can invite an extra guest and as host play the inspector yourself if you prefer)
- Instructions (also on the DVD)
- Making the most of your theme and recipe suggestions
- Place settings for each guest
- Name labels for each guest
The games are packaged in an evidence box for extra effect. They make great gifts and are great fun! Characters:
- Brigadier Balderdash - Lord of the Manor. Pompous, with very upright military bearing, Brigadier Balderdash is always seen in a well starched collar and his tweed suit.
- Lotta Balderdash - Wife of Brigadier Balderdash. Tastefully clothed and very reserved, Lotta Balderdash is refined and elegant.
- Bruce Bugatti - Racing car driver Always in a tearing hurry, Bruce Bugatti is very debonair, but also fairly untidy.
- Anna Glipta - Local Artist Never without her artist's smock, Anna Glipta often has her sketch pad to hand and paintbrushes in her hair.
- Rev. Al Ation - Vicar With a stiff white dog collar and wearing traditional black, Rev. Al Ation is always on duty for his flock.
- Miss Jane Marbles - Maiden aunt and amateur sleuth. In twin set and pearls, with a tweed suit, there is nothing remotely sinister about this spinster (except that dead bodies seem to turn up in her close proximity!)
- Doug Oles - Archaeologist. Fresh from his current dig, Doug sports his boots, trowel and being young, huge levels of enthusiasm.
- Nicole De'limelite - Film Star Sophisticated and elegant, Nicole has all the latest fashions.
- Max Outputt - Industrialist. Dressed formally for dinner in a dinner suit, Max is never parted from his Financial Times.
- Penny Pusher - The Balderdash's secretary. Plain and unimpressive, Penny is a quiet non-entity and easy on the eyes.