The Plextor M6 PRO is a premium professional grade SSD that combines high-performance hardware with PlexTurbo, the newly developed intelligent SSD caching software that delivers speeds far beyond the limits of the SATA III interface. By combining the best performing components from top suppliers with Plextor's own exclusive firmware, advanced manufacturing techniques, and expert knowledge, Plextor has developed an uncompromising drive. For gamers, computer creatives, and other demanding users, the Plextor M6 PRO sets the gold standard for storage performance, reliability, and stability.
Top-class and Ultra-fast Hardware
- Using a new generation of A19 nm Toshiba toggle NAND flash, a generous on-board cache, and the latest Marvell multi-core controller, the Plextor M6 PRO is able to take hardware performance to the practical maximum and provide ultra-stable performance at 6 Gb/s.
- Sustained sequential mode read performance up to 545 MB/s* and sequential write speeds up to 490 MB/s*.
- Real-world random read speeds reach a maximum of 100K IOPS* and up to 88K IOPS* for random writes.
- Speeds using exclusive PlexTurbo were up to ten times faster during testing.
* Actual performance may vary based on hardware, software and overall system configuration.
Plextor's latest SSD RAM caching solution breaking the SATA barrier with three main features: Performance Boost, Safe Power Loss, and Life Extension Mechanism.
Plextor TrueSpeed Technology keeps long-term SSD performance at like-new speeds after periods of use and when the M6 PRO is nearly full.
Plextor's exclusive TrueProtect system provides both 256-bit AES full-drive encryption and advanced multi-layer error checking for full data protection.
With the introduction of DEVSLP mode, the M6 PRO is now able to reduce power consumption by going into an ultra-low power sleep mode that needs almost no power, but which supports a very rapid wake up.
Intelligent PlexTurbo Caching
PlexTurbo is an intelligent SSD RAM caching solution using system RAM to accelerate the Plextor M6 PRO storage performance beyond the limitations of the SATA III interface.
PlexTurbo includes an Intelligent Boost Engine® (IBE) technology, to automatically detect hot data (frequently accessed) and cold data (occasionally accessed) and applies the best caching patterns for higher performance.
With Reduced Memory Usage® (RMU) technology, PlexTurbo will dynamically create and compare data patterns then merge the same command data into one buffer to accelerate write response speed.?
Safe Power Loss
Automatically protects against loss of data from the RAM cache during a power interruption or unexpected system crash.
Life Extension Mechanism
Extends life of SSD flash memory by using smart algorithms to eliminate unnecessary writes.
Built and Tested to Extreme Standards
- Selected components from the best manufacturers including a multi-core Marvell controller and Toshiba toggle NAND flash.
- In-house-designed Plextor firmware perfectly optimized for the best performance and tuned for high compatibility.
- Full burn-in and usage simulation testing for every individual drive using FLEXSTAR® testing systems, to ensure that 100% of units are totally reliable and extremely stable.
- The M6 PRO is the first SSD to survive Plextor's new ultra-strict, enterprise-grade, Zero-Error standard requiring 400 units to pass 1008 hours of extreme testing.
- Plextor SSDs have the lowest annual failure rate in the industry and the M6 PRO's mean time between failures is calculated at an incredible 2.4 million hours.
Full Five-year Warranty
Five-year full warranty backed by comprehensive technical support and an international network of dealers and service centers.
Model PX-128M6Pro PX-256M6Pro PX-512M6Pro PX-1TM6Pro
Capacity 128GB 256GB 512GB 1TB
DRAM Cache 256MB DDR3 512MB DDR3 768MB DDR3 1024MB DDR3
Read/Write Speed Under Windows NTFS)
Sequential Read Speed
(SATA 6Gb/s)** Up to 545 MB/s* Up to 545 MB/s* Up to 545 MB/s* Up to 545 MB/s*
Sequential Write Speed
(SATA 6Gb/s)** Up to 330 MB/s* Up to 490 MB/s* Up to 490 MB/s* Up to 490 MB/s*
Random Read Speed
(IOPS 4KB)*** Up to 100,000* Up to 100,000* Up to 100,000* Up to 100,000*
Random Write Speed
(IOPS 4KB)*** Up to 82,000* Up to 86,000* Up to 88,000* Up to 88,000*
DC Requirement 5V / 1.0A 5V / 1.5A 5V / 2.0A 5V / 2.5A
Consumption 0.25W(MobileMark) / 0.2mW(DEVSLP)
* Test Platform
Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-PRO, CPU: Intel i5-3470 3.20Ghz, BIOS: ver.1708, AHCI driver: 22.214.171.1241, OS: Windows 7 x64. (Actual performance may vary based on hardware, software, and overall system configuration)
** Performance measured using CrystalDiskMark
*** Performance measured using CrystalDiskMark QD32
Environment and Reliability
Temperature 0°C ~ 70°C / 32°F ~ 158°F (Operating)
Shock 1500G (Max), at 1 msec half-sine
Vibration 7 ~ 800Hz, 2.17Grms (Operation)
MTBF > 2,400,000 hours
Warranty 5 years Plextor's Warranty Service
Operating System Supported Microsoft Windows OS / Linux OS / APPLE Mac OS
Agency Approval UL, CE, BSMI, WHQL, RoHS, VCCI, KCC, FCC, RCM
Command Set Support TRIM, S.M.A.R.T., NCQ, ATA/ATAPI-8
DATA Encryption AES 256
Firmware Upgrade Supported
SATA Interface SATA III, also compatible with SATA 6/3/1.5 Gb/s
Form Factor and Connectors
Form Factor 2.5 inch form factor
Power Connector 15-pin SATA connector for DC 5V input
Data Connector 7-pin SATA connector
Dimension and Weight
Dimension (L x W x H) 100mm x 69.85mm x 6.8mm
Weight 2.47oz / 70g (Max, without case)
Document Quick installation guide
Accessory 3.5" Bracket, SATA Cable
Software PlexTurbo, Cloning & Backup Utility