This new electronic dictionary contains the full contents of both the Concise Oxford Dictionary and the Concise Oxford Thesaurus in one compact and easy to use product. Also included in this new model is the Oxford Concise Encyclopedia with over 12,000 entries including coverage of science, technology, sports, geography, architecture, and many more, as well as concise biographies of internationally famous world figures.
- High speed search of over 240,000 words, phrases & definitions covering current and historical English, as well as countless specialist and technical subjects.
- Search over 4 million synonym links, you will never be lost for words again. Over 300,000 alternative words and opposite words to make what you write and say more interesting
- Instant access to over 12,000 clear, concise entries will ensure you find the information you need quickly and easily
- Instant phonetic spell correction for over 130,000 words
Enables you to complete those hard to finish crosswords.
- Type a word or a jumble letters and the solver will build a list of as many valid words as possible.
- Enter words or jumbled letters and make a list of all possible words
- Word Origins - Search for the origins of the entered word in the Concise Oxford English Dictionary
- Search for an entered word across the Oxford British English Word List
- Find the Concise Oxford English Dictionary entries whose definitions contain the word(s) you enter
- Find the Oxford Concise Encyclopedia articles whose explanations contain the word(s) you enter
- Allows you to search the abbreviation database to decode over 10,000 common abbreviations
- Find abbreviations in the Oxford Abbreviation List whose explanations contain the word(s) you enter
- Search for phrases in the Concise Oxford English Dictionary including one or more entered words
- Scroll through various general knowledge resources in a similar manner to browsing through the lists in the book
- Look for items in the Oxford Thematic Lists and Oxford Wordfinder using the word(s) you have entered
- 10 word games
- with 3 skill levels to build your vocabulary. Hangman, User Hangman, Jumble, User Jumble, Crossword Quiz, General Knowledge, Definitions, Word Building, User Word Building, and Word Challenge
- Allows you to create your own word list which can then be used in the games
- with memory & percent.
- 190 metric/ imperial & currency converters.
- Meets GCSE and National Curriculum needs.
- Adjustable screen font