This is a fascinating introduction to an ancient and intriguing pursuit. See for yourself an extraordinary relationship between man and bird of prey. Falconry was originally introduced as a means of obtaining "food for the table". In Medieval Britain birds of prey were often present at grand occasions such as pageants, weddings and jousting tournaments. Even today seeing these magnificent birds up close is a very special experience and one which you won't forget.
You will be given an overview of the disciplines and history of falconry by one of the country's best falconers, followed by a brief introduction to the husbandry and welfare of birds and the equipment used in falconry. The course will end with the opportunity to fly a bird "to the fist" so you can experience the unforgettable sensation of having a magnificent bird of prey on your arm. Programmes vary depending on location.
When can you go?
This experience is available on selected weekday and weekend dates, throughout the year.
How long does this activity last?
Your falconry encounter will last approximately 2½ to 4 hours.
You need to know
You must be at least 16 years old, under 18's must be accompanied by an adult.
General fitness may be required, please check on booking.
No previous falconry experience is necessary.
This is for a voucher entitling the holder to any of the activities supplied by Activity Superstore up to the value stated.
You and how many others?
There'll be a maximum of 19 other people in your group.
Family and friends
Spectators are welcome at some locations. Please check at time of booking.
We can’t control the weather!
This activity is dependent on appropriate weather conditions.
- Midlands - Derbyshire - Risley
- Midlands - Herefordshire - Ross on Wye
- Midlands - Lincolnshire - Langworth
- Midlands - Rutland - Greetham
- Midlands - Shropshire - Bridgnorth
- Midlands - Warwickshire - Stratford-upon-Avon
- Midlands - Warwickshire - Stratford-Upon-Avon
- North - Cheshire - Northwich
- North - Northumberland - Kielder
- Scotland - Midlothian - Bonnyrigg
- Scotland - Perthshire - Aucherarder
- South East - Hertfordshire - Ware
- South East - Kent - Dartford
- South East - Suffolk - Stonham Aspal
- South East - Sussex - Chichester
- South West - Devon - Ipplepen
- South West - Dorset - Bridport
- South West - Gloucestershire - Hardwicke
Valid until: 01/03/2017