This is a great opportunity for you to learn new cookery skills from an expert. You could be taught by Valentina Harris; a bright and passionate authority on Italian food who has written many books on the subject. Frank Pontais, a regular broadcaster on BBC Radio, may be at hand, or perhaps you'll have the pleasure of Ann Hood, a past BBC Masterchef contestant.
These classes run along a variety of themes, including: BBQ, easy entertaining, cooking for two, Italian, chocolate and desserts. Your day will consist of the following programme:
- A meet and greet with fresh coffee (and croissants on a full day). Your Chef will explain the day's events and health and safety procedures. Also you will be given a Smart School apron to use throughout your class.
- The chef will then invite you to prepare and cook the dishes with him/her, one dish at a time for everyone to follow and taste test. Whilst cooking, the chef will keep you entertained with stories of their life and times whilst working in the world of food.
- With each dish you taste you will also get to try a fine wine or Champagne which compliments the food you are eating.
- A Smart School note pad and pen for you to make notes is for you to take home.
If you would like to know which chef will be teaching you, we recommend you enquire at the time of booking as the chefs may vary occasionally from those mentioned above. Fresh local produce is used throughout this course.
When can you go?
This experience is available on selected dates, throughout the year.
How long does this activity last?
This experience lasts for approximately 6 hours.
You need to know
The minimum age is 16 years.
There are no fitness requirements for this experience.
You do not need any experience or qualifications to enjoy this experience.
This is for a voucher entitling the holder to any of the activities supplied by Activity Superstore up to the value stated.
You and how many others?
The maximum group size is 20 people.
Family and friends
This experience is not suitable for spectators.
- London - London - St Katharine Docks
- South East - Berkshire - Maidenhead
- South East - Essex - Danbury
- South East - Hertfordshire - Bishop's Stortford
Valid until: 01/03/2017