The Skylight filter from Hama is a must have for avid photographers
Primarily developed to provide protection to the camera lens, the Skylight filter has a number of benefits. The filter protects the lens from scratches, dust and finger-marks which can be hard to clean and impair the quality of a photo.
The filter can also help to make the cleaning of your camera a much easier task; a lot of camera lens’ are curved and recessed, the flat surface of the filter means that maintaining your cameras cleanliness is a more straightforward task. The filter is robust, solid and fits tightly on the lens.
In addition the Skylight filter can improve the quality of your photos. The filter acts as a colour corrector designed to correct the slight blue cast that results from shooting pictures under an open blue sky. This is especially useful when shooting in the snow on or a beach; the filter provides a hint of warming to counterbalance the excessive blueness of naturally bright light. The filter also produces sharp and clear photos of objects that are farther away.
As an extra bonus the Skylight filter also absorbs ultraviolet rays which often make photos appear pale and grey; with the Skylight filter photos are richer in contrast, without effecting visible light balance.
- Standard filter for colour photos in the open air
- Removes haze e.g. in case of shots at the sea or in high mountain regions
- Avoids blue cast
- Blocks ultraviolet rays up to 365 nm
- Mired value +10
- Also protects the lens against scratches, dust and fingerprints
- Normal coating: one layer on each side
- Quality standard (glass): ProClass
- Impact of picture:
- Pleasant, high-contrast colours with warmer character, specially for landscape and town shots
- Horizon and subjects which are farer away are sharp and clear