Nikon Coolpix S9400 Red Camera Kit inc 8GB SD Card and Case
The COOLPIX S9400s slimline body conceals a wealth of cutting-edge technology that sets this 18-megapixel camera apart.
An 18x NIKKOR optical super-zoom lens and 18-megapixel backlit CMOS sensor enable you to capture distant action and candid close-ups with ease. Optical lens-shift vibration reduction produces sharp results and steady images on the large OLED screen, making it easy to frame your shots.
Record Full HD movies at the touch of a button and even combine separate scenes as a single, seamless movie.
The COOLPIX S9400 - Compact style with great performance and super zoom.
- Super zoom: the 18x NIKKOR wide-angle optical zoom lens (25-450 mm) with ED glass will make you a sharp shooter from virtually any distance.
- Back-illuminated 18 MP CMOS sensor: with each pixel receiving more light, this highly sensitive image sensor works with the EXPEED C2 processor to deliver clear shots in any light.
- 7.5-cm (3.0-in.) 614k-dot OLED screen: with superior brightness and impressive colour rendering, thanks to OLED technology, this large screen offers excellent visibility and sharp contrast in all light conditions, including direct sunlight.
- Lens-shift VR (vibration reduction): capture steady photos and movies thanks to Nikons automatic vibration reduction technology, which counters the effects of camera shake in real time.
- Full HD (1080p) movie recording: easily record life in motion and in stereo sound. A dedicated video-record button makes it easy to begin filming.
- Advanced movie functions: if you pause and then continue filming, the camera will create a single movie file for smooth playback. The optical zoom with autofocus can be used when filming and you can record in iFrame format. Connect the camera directly to an HDTV using the built-in HDMI connector.
- Auto HDR mode: capture images with impressive tonal detail in any situation when you shoot in HDR mode. The camera combines two shots taken at different exposures during a single shutter release to create an image with wide dynamic range and rich colour gradation.
- Smart portrait system: snap perfect portraits every time. Smile timer takes the shot when your subject smiles, Blink proof alerts you when someones eyes were closed, and Glamour retouch options help you make portraits look more flattering.
- Easy Panorama 360°/180°: pan vertically or horizontally to create dynamic panoramas.
- 3D shooting mode: create 3D images that can be displayed on 3D-capable TVs and computers.
- Retouch menu: enhance your photos on the spot with a wide range of filter effects, including quick effect mode in playback. Examples include Selective Colour, which converts your image to monochrome and then adds a splash of colour to the area of your choice, while Cross Screen adds a starry effect to bright objects.
- High-speed continuous shooting: capture sharp shots of the action with ease. The camera can shoot up to 5 frames at a fast 7.5 fps.
- Mode dial: access the most important shooting modes quickly and easily via the conveniently placed mode dial.
- 19 scene modes: scene modes automatically optimize the camera settings for popular photographic styles, effects and locations. Achieve great shots just by selecting the mode that matches your situation.
- Fast and accurate AF: when you want to capture complex subjects, you can shoot in manual focus with a 99-point autofocus system for extra-sharp results.
- Subject Tracking AF: capture sharp shots of subjects on the move. Subject Tracking AF keeps the camera focused on a selected subject even if it refuses to stay still.
- Wireless transfer: compatible with Eye-Fi X2 (or later) cards. Transmit your digital photos (in JPEG format) directly to your smart device or computer, and then go online to take advantage of Nikons photo sharing service, my Picturetown.
- Slimline body: measuring just 30.7 mm at its widest and 23 mm at its thinnest, the COOLPIX S9400 proves its possible to be packed with features and slim all at once.
- EXPEED C2: Nikons fast and powerful image processing system provides high-speed operation, enhanced movie recording, high-sensitivity performance and maximum image quality.
Number of effective pixels: 18.1 million
Image sensor: 1/2.3-in. type CMOS; approx. 18.91 million total pixels
Lens: NIKKOR lens with 18x optical zoom
Focal length: 4.5-81.0 mm (angle of view equivalent to that of 25-450 mm lens in 35mm (135) format)
Lens construction: 12 elements in 10 groups (1 ED lens element)
Digital zoom magnification: Up to 4x (angle of view equivalent to that of approx. 1800 mm lens in 35mm (135) format)
Vibration reduction: Combination of lens shift and electronic VR (still pictures); Lens shift (movies)
Motion blur reduction: Motion detection (still pictures)
Autofocus (AF): Contrast-detect AF
Focus range: (W): Approx. 50 cm (1 ft 8 in.) to infinity, (T): Approx. 1.5 m (5 ft) to infinity;
Focus-area selection: Face priority, center, manual with 99 focus areas, subject tracking, target finding AF
Monitor: 7.5 cm (3-in.), approx. 614k-dot, wide viewing angle OLED monitor with anti-reflection coating and 5-level brightness adjustment
Frame coverage (shooting mode): Approx. 98% horizontal and 98% vertical (compared to actual picture)
Frame coverage (playback mode): Approx. 100% horizontal and 100% vertical (compared to actual picture)
Storage media: Internal memory (approx. 65 MB); SD/SDHC/SDXC memory card