With close attention paid to design and detail, the slender 20-megapixel COOLPIX S3500 fits in your hand like it was made to be there.
Deliciously colourful and easy to use, this camera is the perfect companion for lives lived to the full and on the go.
The 7x NIKKOR optical zoom lens with vibration reduction technology delivers clear photos and crisp video clips, which you can view with ease on the large LCD screen. Smart auto functions offer perfect results in any situation and you can enhance photos on the spot using fun in-camera filter effects.
COOLPIX S3500 - The stylish way to keep your memories alive.
- Slimline style: boasts a slender 20.5 mm body with extra focus on design detail and available in eight vivid colours, some featuring line art.
- 20 MP CCD image sensor: enables you to capture outstandingly detailed images, creatively crop photos, and produce superb poster-size enlargements.
- 7x NIKKOR wide-angle optical zoom lens (26–182mm): from group shots to close-ups, this lens offers superb precision and sharp resolution, so you can capture quality moments with ease.
- Lens-shift VR (vibration reduction): enjoy steady photos and movies every time with Nikons automatic vibration reduction technology, which counters the effects of camera shake in real time.
- Crisp HD (720p) video recording: record moments in motion instantly and in high definition, thanks to a dedicated movie-record button.
- 6.7-cm (2.7-in.) LCD screen: whether you shoot in bright sunlight or low light, the large LCD screen with brightness adjustment offers clear shooting and playback.
- Smart portrait system: snap perfect portraits every time. Smile timer takes the shot when your subject smiles; Blink proof alerts you when someones eyes were closed; Skin softening adjusts uneven skin tones for smoother-looking skin; Red-eye Fix corrects false eye colour due to the flash; and Glamour retouch options help you make portraits look more flattering.
- Retouch menu: enhance your photos on the spot with a wide range of filter effects, including quick effect mode in playback. Examples include Selective Colour, which converts your image to monochrome and then adds a splash of colour to the area of your choice, while Cross Screen adds a starry effect to bright objects.
- 18 scene modes: automatically optimize the camera settings for popular photographic styles, effects and locations. Achieve great shots just by selecting the mode that matches your situation.
- Subject Tracking AF: capture sharp shots of subjects that cannot or will not stay still. Subject Tracking AF keeps the camera focused on a selected subject even if it is moving around.
- Wireless transfer: compatible with Eye-Fi X2 (or later) cards. Transmit your digital photos (in JPEG format) directly to your smart device or personal computer and take advantage of Nikons online photo sharing service.
- EXPEED C2 image processing system: delivers enhanced movie recording, high-sensitivity performance and maximum image quality.
- Type: Compact digital camera
- Number of effective pixels: 20.1 million
- Image sensor: 1/2.3-in. type CCD; total pixels: approx. 20.48 million
- Lens: NIKKOR lens with 7x optical zoom
- Focal length: 4.7-32.9mm (angle of view equivalent to that of 26-182 mm lens in 35mm (135) format)
- f/-number: f/3.4-6.4
- Construction: 8 elements in 8 groups (1 ED lens element)
- Digital zoom magnification: Up to 4x (angle of view equivalent to that of approx. 728 mm lens in 35mm (135) format)
- Vibration reduction: Lens shift
- Motion blur reduction: Motion detection (still pictures)
- Autofocus (AF): Contrast-detect AF
- Focus range: (W): Approx. 50 cm (1 ft 8 in.) to infinity, (T): Approx. 1m (3 ft 4 in.) to infinity Macro mode: Approx. 5 cm (2 in.) to infinity (wide-angle position) (All distances measured from center of front surface of lens)
- Focus-area selection: Face priority, auto (9-area automatic selection), center, manual with 99 focus areas, subject tracking
- Metering mode: Matrix, center-weighted (digital zoom less than 2x), spot (digital zoom 2x or more)
- Exposure control: Programmed auto exposure and exposure compensation (-2.0 - 2.0 EV in steps of 1/3 EV)
- Shutter: Mechanical and CCD electronic shutter
- Speed: 1/2000-1 s 4 s (when scene mode is set to Fireworks show)
- Aperture: Electronically-controlled ND filter (-3.3 AV) selection
- Range: 2 steps (f/3.4 and f/11 (W))
- : One Rechargeable Li-ion Battery EN-EL19 (included) AC Adapter EH-62G (available separately)
- Charging time: Approx. 2 h 40 min (when using Charging AC Adapter EH-70P and when no charge remains)
- Battery life* - Still pictures: Approx. 220 shots when using EN-EL19
- Movie recording (actual battery life for recording)**: Approx. 50 min when using EN-EL19
- Tripod socket: 1/4 (ISO 1222)
- Dimensions (W x H x D): Approx. 96.8 x 57.8 x 20.5 mm (3.9 x 2.3 x 0.9 in.) (excluding projections)
- Weight: Approx. 129 g (4.6 oz) (with battery and SD memory card)
- Operating environment - Temperature: 0°C-40°C (32°F-104°F)
- Humidity: 85% or less (no condensation)