StarTech.com 4 Port Quad Bus PCI Express (PCIe) SuperSpeed USB 3.0 Card Adapter with UASP - SATA/LP4 Power
StarTech.com 4 Port Quad Bus PCI Express (PCIe) SuperSpeed USB 3.0 Card Adapter with UASP - SATA/LP4 Power Product Description
The PEXUSB3S44V 4-Port PCI Express USB 3.0 Card lets you add four quad bus USB 3.0 ports to your PCIe x4-enabled PC. Quad bus architecture improves USB 3.0 performance by transferring data on independent channels to your computer, giving you faster file transfers. When multiple devices are connected, traditional single bus USB 3.0 cards share your maximum bandwidth between all ports. By employing four host controller chipsets, each port operates on a separate independent transmission channel. Allocating up to 5 Gbps to each USB port reduces performance bottlenecks, and effectively quadruples your total available to bandwidth to 20 Gbps. Enhanced with UASP support (USB Attached SCSI Protocol), this USB 3.0 controller performs up to 70% faster than conventional USB 3.0 when paired with a UASP supported enclosure (Note: UASP requires a compatible operating system). Using a more efficient protocol than the traditional USB BOT (Bulk-Only Transport), UASP technology optimizes transfers by allowing multiple commands to be processed simultaneously, significantly increasing transfer speeds for less wait time on data transfers. See our UASP test results below for further details. For high-power USB devices, this PCIe USB 3.0 card includes an optional SATA or LP4 power connector to connect to your system power supply and deliver up to 900mA of power per port to USB 3.0 bus-powered devices (500mA for USB 2.0). The USB 3.0 card also supports USB Battery Charging Specification 1.2 (Apple Mode only), letting you charge compatible Apple devices (iPhones and iPads) faster than a standard USB 3.0 port. The controller card is compliant with USB 3.0 standards while offering backward compatibility with existing USB 2.0 / 1.1 devices. For added versatility, the USB 3.0 PCIe card is equipped with a standard profile bracket and includes a low-profile/half-height bracket for installation in small form-factor computers.
- Provides four external, quad bus USB 3.0 Ports
- Supports up to 20 Gbps total transfer bandwidth - Up to 5 Gbps per port
- UASP support across all four ports
- PCIe x4 interface compliant with PCI Express 2.0 specifications
- Optional LP4 or SATA power connector provides up to 900mA per USB port
- Supports USB Battery Charging Specification 1.2 (Apple Mode only)
- Fully compliant with USB 3.0 rev 1.0 and Intel xHCI rev 1.0 specifications
- Backward compatible with USB 2.0 and USB 1.0/1.1 devices
- Includes a Low Profile/half-height installation bracket
- Hot-swap feature to connect/disconnect devices without powering down the system
- Data Transfer Rate Up to 5.0 Gbps
- External Connectors 4 - USB 3.0 A (9 pin; SuperSpeed) Female
- Internal Connectors 1 - LP4 (4 pin; Molex Large Drive Power) Female • 1 - SATA Power (15 pin) Plug
- Connector 1 - PCI Express x4 Male
- Operating Systems Supported Windows 8 (32/64), 7 (32/64), Vista (32/64), XP (32/64) • Windows Server 2012, 2008 R2, 2003 (32/64) • Linux Kernel 2.6.31 or later
- Environmental Operating Temperature 0 to 50 °C - Humidity 5 to 85 %
- Form Factor PCI Express Card
- In The Box 1 - 4 Port PCIe USB Card • 1 - Low Profile Bracket • 1 - Driver CD • 1 - Instruction Manual
- Dimensions 1.5 cm (W) x 16.7 cm (D) x 5.5 cm (H) - 0.90 kg
Reviews of StarTech.com 4 Port Quad Bus PCI Express (PCIe) SuperSpeed USB 3.0 Card Adapter with UASP - SATA/LP4 Power
Unfortunately, We don't currently have any reviews for this product.
Why not be the first to write about StarTech.com 4 Port Quad Bus PCI Express (PCIe) SuperSpeed USB 3.0 Card Adapter with UASP - SATA/LP4 Power?
Why buy from shop4world.com?
We've been trading online for several years.
All orders are insured and delivered to your address with the best of care.
We're working with the best and most secure payment gateways.
Get rewarded with Player Points! Saving you even more money!